The state of clinical death lasts only a few minutes. During this time, a person can be saved if all organs function and the blood pressure level is high enough.
The heart can be restarted in the following ways:
Most effective and safest method.
Lumosoviks can help in the caves.
Rotate artificial respiration+ and massage the heart + . Lack of medical skills can lead to fracture of the ribs. Direct cardiac massage is more effective - for this, cut the patient open.
Treatment of patients
- Do not drag the wounded on the floor: their wounds do not approve of this. Instead, use a stretcher or carry the dying person on your back.
- Before the surgery has been started, weapons in the patient, arrows and shrapnel should be left there. Tearing out a foreign body can cause heavy bleeding or internal damage.
- If a person is bleeding and there are no doctors in the Sanctuary or they are busy, put the patient in a Preservator. The processes in the preserved organisms are rapidly slowed down: the wounded will be able to wait for the help of a skilled healer.
Bruises and minor burns heal naturally, it's enough to simply sleep in a bed. Good old Cordazine can speed up the healing process.
Close the wound with a surgical needle and bandage it.
Before suturing blood vessels, the damaged part of the body must be cut with a scalpel.
Bandages will not help: such wounds require immediate suturing. In the case that blood transfusion is not possible (see Surgery below), give the patient a prepared Krovnik and clean water for a fast recovery.
Use a suitable object (fibers or wires) on the limbs to apply a tourniquet - this can prolong the patient's life until the moment when he will be given full medical assistance.
Such burns will quickly kill a patient with toxins. For treatment use ointment (in cave conditions it is extracted by burning an Ovrajnik).
Useand , as if you wanted to break the limb.
At an early stage, it can be treated by local application of alcohol. Running cases require disinfectant, or in extreme cases, amputation.
This flesh is no longer suitable for labor. Amputate to prevent further spread.
Heat a metal weapon over a source of flame and apply it to the wound (while holding the wounded, use). The bleeding will stop, but a monstrous burn can lead to necrosis. Use only when there is no choice. Or for educational purposes.
- Characters with a broken or missing leg can move on crutches.
- Use a wooden prosthesis on the stump of the foot in order to secure it.
- The wheelchair provides the greatest comfort.
|Psychodelic Poisoning||Technetium||Perhaps the pill is still dissolving in the patient's stomach, poisoning him even more
Hit the patient's stomach to induce vomiting
|Seizures (or contractions in pregnant women)||Selenium||Weakness, drowsiness.|
|Pain||Dentrine, Morphine, Oxycodone, Heroin, Metadone||Dentrine - muscle weakness, the rest (opiates) - euphoria, cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest|
|Panic Attacks||Molybdenum||Drowsiness, mild poisoning|
|Loss of interest in life||Lutetium||Find an Amuser|
|Opiates overdose||Barium||Insomnia, coordination disorder|
|Stomach parasites||Hassium||Vomiting, intoxication|
|Brain fractures||Mentats||Brain damage in case of overdose||Doesn't treat damage caused by mentats|
To perform a surgical procedure, move the patient onto the surgical table, if unavailable - a regular table or bed.
Use dentrine or opiates for anesthesia. If unavailable and the patient is unable to sleep because of the pain, strangle them, or beat them over the head until they faint.
It is recommended to hold the part on which you're operating on with your hand (call an assistant during an important operation).
Instead of a scalpel, you can risk using a different cutting implement, in which case the incision is performed through+ .
1. Make an incision. 2. Fix the bone with the Bone Setter. 3. Lubricate the fracture site with bone gel. 4. Disinfect the wound. 5. Suture it.
Cave variant - apply a splint:
1. Fix the bone (see Dislocations). 2. Bandage the limb, holding a wooden stick in the other hand.
The patient's recovery in this case will take longer.
1. Make an incision. 2. Use the Blood Injector. 3. Suture the incision.
If you do not have an injector, use a syringe or transfusion apparatus. Do not forget about the compatibility of blood types!
Before you begin surgery, make sure that the part of the donor’s body is compatible with the patient according to the blood type. If this is not the case, but the risk is necessary, use Europium to suppress the patient’s immunity.
1. Attach the limb to the stump. 2. Fix the bone with the Bone Setter. 3. Lubricate the fracture site with bone gel. 4. Connect the damaged vessels with a pair of Forceps. 5. Disinfect the wound. 6. Suture it.
The prosthesis is installed via clicking with it on the amputated area. Removed via GRAB.
Types of prostheses:
- A Hook. Forged by a blacksmith. A hook can be used to hold( but not use) objects, as well as to poke people.
- A Wooden leg. A craftsman can make you one. You'll have to walk slowly, but at least your hands will be free.
- A Mechanical hand. A craftsman can make you one. Fragile and clumsy, but allows you to use objects.
- Cybernetic hand and foot. Can be purchased. Strong and attractive, does not have the disadvantages of conventional prostheses. Rechargeable via energy cells.
1. Choose head on the doll. 2. Make an incision. 3. Open the skull with a surgical saw. If you can't get your hands on one - you can take a risk: hit the patient's head until you feel the CRACK (usually the patient does not survive such treatment). 4. Insert the implant.
Replacement of organs
Before you begin surgery, make sure that the organ of the donor is compatible with the patient by blood type. If this is not the case, but the risk is necessary, use Europium to suppress the patient’s immunity.
1. Make a cut on the upper body with a scalpel. 2. Use the expander to expose the insides. 3. Use GRAB with an empty hand to gain access to the organs. 4. Separate the damaged or unnecessary organ with a scalpel and pull it out with the Forceps. Ripping organs out is not recommended: it causes extensive bleeding. 5. Insert a new organ. 6. Use the needle on the new organ to secure it. 7. Suture the body without forgetting to remove the expander.
Some viruses are airborne, but most often are spread through contact with a sick person or objects that he held or wore.
- Immediately isolate the infected.
- In the Sanctuary use for the operating lamp to turn on the decontamination light.
- Use a biochemical protection suit to avoid getting infected.
- The Plague Healer's mask provides protection against airborne disease.
- KVA glasses, bought from a trader, allow you to notice the sources of infection.
- Use soap to disinfect hands and objects. Most often, the infection enters the body through the hands while eating food.
- Use antibiotics and immunomodulators to accelerate the patient's natural recovery.
|URTI||Coughing, sneezing, muscle pain, weakness, fever, sore throat.||Apply tea with honey and sleep a lot|
|Dysentery||Fever, thirst, vomiting, diarrhea||Drink plenty of water, do not eat anything, sleep a lot|
|Brown Rot||Loss of hair, loss of teeth, discoloration of skin, gangrene of limbs, death of internal organs.|
|Ataxia||Stuttering, impaired coordination, loss of muscle control, paralysis|
|Fever Frenzy||Elated mood, involuntary smile, involuntary laughter, weakness, convulsions||Try to become sad as soon as possible|
|Brain Rot||Headache, tremor, weakness, fever, nosebleeds, clouding of mind, the rapid death of brain cells|
|Cave Plague||Weakness, insomnia, temporary organ failure, skin discoloration, chills,||Can't treat it with antibiotics|
- Guaranteed cure.
- Impossible to synthesize from available chemicals. It is ordered through the Merchant or the trading station.
- Use raw kalocin to treat any sickness. Side effects: a patient once subjected to treatment with raw kalocin becomes dependent on it. Administer regularly, otherwise they will suffer from the syndrome of acquired immunodeficiency. Apply in extreme cases.
- Make KALOCIN+ for the treatment of a particular disease by combining kalocin and vaccine. Side effects will occur for a brief moment.
Cave alternative. Make a Ljutogrib decoction. The decoction will kill the sickness, and possibly, the patient. Apply in extreme cases.
- Vaccines rarely have any side-effects.
- Prevent specific disease's growth.
- Useless if you're already sick.
- Bone Rot. Causes bone fragility and unbearable pain. The causative agent is transmitted through purring maggots. Sniff their milk before drinking it! Treatment: one of the mushrooms.
- Silver Ailment. Is expressed by premature aging of the body. Usually affects untrained people that have been around the working Web. Treatment: blood transfusions from a minor.
Insidious thing, roasting unsuccessful cosmonauts through and through. If you were lucky and the dose was small, the body could still recover after years. Otherwise, even after experiencing the initial unpleasant symptoms and waiting for improvement, use this time wisely: the insides baked by radiation will soon show their presence by your excruciating death.
- Ionizing radiation has primarily a destructive effect, not a poisonous one on the body, so there is no medical way to "remove radiation".
- Damage caused by a dose of up to 100 rad can only be partially restored by the body (use bed rest and cordazine to speed up the process).
- Irradiation with a dose of more than 100 rad causes irreversible damage.
- The radiation dose received can be measured reliably only with a dosimeter - it must be with the patient at the time of irradiation!
- Primary radiation sickness effects include malaise, vomiting and headaches. Apply analgesic and antitoxin drugs.
- Then there is the phase of the walking corpse - the patient seems to have recovered, and the worst is behind, but his bone marrow is already destroyed.
- The duration and severity of the onset of fatal symptoms depends on the dose. Symptoms include peeling off skin, loss of teeth and hair, deterioration of internal organs and immune system failure.
- Organ replacement for artificial ones can temporarily prolong the patient's life.
- The decline of the patient's immunity makes infection and sickness highly likely. Take preparatory measures.