Difference between revisions of "How to Fight"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
===Where to aim===
===Where to aim===
Revision as of 21:16, 12 July 2019
Fient (Feint).performs a feint on the target. Makes the enemy parry prematurely, opening him for a real attack. A bad idea if the enemy is not alert or isn't planning to parry.
Defense. Increases your reaction - parry and dodge, makes it possible to counterattack. Price: slows down movement, weakens your attack, increases vulnerability to feints.
Dual (Dual).strikes a target with a weapon in your secondary hand. Price: reduced accuracy.
Guard (Guard). Usein combat mode to automatically attack anyone who approaches you. A shooting weapon allows you to target any tile in vision.
Reckless Attack (Fury).will deal a reckless blow. The target will experience a penalty for dodging and parrying this attack, and the delay between your attacks will be lower. Price: attacks are conducted with -2 to the STR.
Strong attack (Strong).deals a powerful blow. The damage roll will use the highest number based off your character's STR. Price: quickly leads to fatigue.
Gentle attack (Weak). Deals a gentle blow. Good for a friendly punch.
Aimed attack (Aimed).delivers an aimed strike. Improved chance to hit, improved chance to hit the selected zone. Price: extended delay between attacks.
Where to aim
- Hard to hit: Head, Eyes, Neck
- Easier to hit: Hands, Feet, Groin, Face
- Easy to hit: Body
- Attack unprotected enemy body parts.
- Any wound lowers the Dexterity of the injured for a few seconds. It makes sense to anticipate a lethal blow with a simple one.
- It is not difficult to finish off a fallen opponent.
- A kick in the groin is a male weakness.
- Blunt (clubs, staves, fists) - the most versatile weapon, but the runaway enemy is unlikely to die without help.
- Stabbing (spears, rapiers, daggers) - useless against zombies and skeletons.
- Penetrating (picks) - easily gets stuck when it is not asked for.
- Cutting (swords, knives) - even light armor can reduce its effectiveness.
- Slashing (axes) - gets rid of shields pretty well.
- Doesn't matter how good of a fighter you are, a good hit over the head will bring big changes into your brain. Wear a helmet.
Energy shields brought the cold steel back to the north, although they're pretty rare and expensive.
- Reflect bullets, arrows and energy blasts.
- Lower melee weapons' damage.
- Won't save you from syringe-guns.
- Can be in forms of ones that go on your belt, and ones that go on your shoulder.
- Get disabled on contact with liquids.
- Can be used as weapons. Get close to the enemy and turn on two shields.
- Give big advantage in melee combat.
- Smack your shield with your weapon to scare your enemies.
- Shield wall! Standing nearby your friend, who also carries a shield, you get even less vulnerable.
- Having the opponent knocked down, stand on him and use TAKEDOWN to press him to the ground. Useful for civilian arrest - capture the criminal and call the guards.
- Use HARM+ to aim at someone. The weapon will be automatically pointed at the selected target, increasing the chance to hit them.
- It is best to hold the rifles and shotguns with both hands before shooting.
- Generally, the weapons are stored unloaded. Do not forget to insert the clip.
- Many types of firearms have a safety catch: take the weapon into an active hand and click on it when you are ready to shoot.
- In case there is a jam, use Meister or Hump). on the weapon to unjam it. Energy weapons can be repaired only by characters with knowledge of ancient technologies (for example,
- Wooden wall is the only type of walls that you can shoot through with a firearm.
- Full Metal Jacket : High penetration.
- Hollow Point : High damage to an unarmored target, the bullet splits up once it's inside the body. Low chance of through-and-through wound.
- Armor Piercing: Does additional damage to armor because of the steel core.
- Tracer : Leaves a distinct bright tracer. Using them in an automatic weapon alongside other ammo helps correct your firing, increasing accuracy.
- Silver : Are used by superstitious inquisitors.
|Neoclassic Richter||.410, .45 Long|
Taking somebody alive
- Don't use stabbing or cutting weapons. Combine grabs, clubs and throwing nets.
- Use DISARM to disarm the opponent.